Okay. Unlike last night’s Modern Family, I don’t know if I’d want to attend Community’s zombie shindig. Not sure I’d like the taste of live flesh. That being said, it was a wild and wonderful episode. Let me count the ways:
- The Costumes: Abed and Troy’s Aliens homage paid off in the climax, but let’s not neglect Jeff as David Beckham, Chang as Peggy Fleming, and Britta as a dragon/turtle creature unable to enjoy the party favors (at least until she became a flesh-eating monster).
- The Insane Cat: A dark basement was all Jeff, Abed, and Troy needed. But the shrieking orange tabby put it over the top. Of course they have to abandon the pursuit when the zombies come calling. They never caught the ferocious feline. Might it reappear?
- Chang and Shirley: Who’da thunk it? It’s an unexpected coupling that I thought was a one-off. But then there was the Troy tag and the voice mail. I hope this is a thread that won’t drop.
- Troy the Hero: He’s special! He’s the first black man to make it to the end! And Troy’s courage spares Greendale’s student body from a burning pyre.
- ABBA: I decree that “Fernando,” “Mamma Mia,” and the like become mandatory horror movie soundtrack staples.
Fun, fun, fun all the way around. Thoughts?